Polina born in Moscow, studied at the Bolshoi Ballet School and at 17 years old, she joined the Berlin State Opera Ballet as a principal dancer.
In September 2012 Polina joined American Ballet Theatre as a Principal Dancer. She is also a Permanent Guest principal dancer with Michailovskij Theatre and a Guest principal dancer with a Bayerische Staats Oper.
- Odette-Odile in Swan Lake
- Nikiya in La Bayadère
- Marie in The Nutcracker
- Princess Aurora in The Sleeping Beauty
- Swanilda in Coppélia
- Kitri in Don Quixote
- Giselle, Myrta in Giselle
- Tatiana in John Cranko's Onegin
- Sieglinde and Brünhilde in Maurice Bejart's Ring um den Ring
- Manon in Manon
- Juliet in John Cranko's,Sir Kenneth McMillan's, Leonid Lavrovskij's, Nacho Duato's Romeo and Juliet
- Les Sylphides
- Cinderella in Vladimir Malakhov's Cinderella
- Carmen in Roland Petit'sCarmen
- Sylvia in Sir Frederick Ashton's Sylvia
- Principal roles in Jerome Robbins' Afternoon of a Faun
- George Balanchine's Ballet Imperial
- Apollo (Terpsichore)
- A Midsummer Night's Dream
- Tchaikovsky Pas de Deux
- Theme and Variations
- Symphony in C
- William Forsythe's The Vertiginous Thrill of Exactitude, Herman Schmermann
- John Neuemeyer 's Nutcracker and Midsummer Night's Dream
- Kylián's Return to the Strange Land
She has also appeared in works by Nacho Duato, Mauro Bigonzetti, Patrice Bart, Renato Zanella, Uwe Scholz, Alexey Ratmanskij, Twyla Tharp, Anthony Tudor, Christian Spuck...
Polina danced as a guest artist with Teatro alla Scala, American Ballet Theatre, Bayerische State Opera, Mikhailovskiy Theatre, Semper Opera, English National Ballet, Tokyo Ballet, Vienna State Opera BalletZurich Ballet, Mariinsky Theatre, Bolshoi Ballet, Stuttgart Ballet, Opera del Roma ...
A gold medal at the Moscow International Ballet Competition in 2001
First Prize at the Vaganova-Prix Ballet Competition in St. Petersburg and the Junior Prize at the Nagoya International Ballet Competition in 2002
Daphne Prize (2004)
German Critics Choice Award (2005)
Dancer of the Year (2007)
Prize of Heinz Spörli( 2007)
Benois de la Danse (2014)
In 2013 she became a professor of Staatliche Ballett Schule in Berlin, Germany .